How can I find out if my system type is 32-bit or 64-bit?
1. Click the Start button , right-click Computer, and then click Properties
2. Under System, you can view the system type
1. Click the Start button , click run in Windows XP or click on the search field in Windows Vista (or Windows 7)
2. Then type C:\Windows\System32\control.exe system
2. Under System, you can view the system type.
What do 32-bit and 64-bit mean?
The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way your computer's central processing unit (CPU) handles information. The 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are designed for use in computers with 32-bit or 64-bit processors, respectively.